Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Watercolor Series



New Watercolor Series just uploaded to Greeting Card Universe. Today I thought I would play with some color and see what came of it. I began with a sheet of watercolor paper and dunked it in water to get it nice and wet. When it was semi dry I picked a handful of colors and directly from the tube I began to put little plops of paint all over the paper. I let the paint sit for a little while to get a bit of a crust on it then with a fine spray bottle I misted the paper and paint and watched the colors run together. Not wanting to have any white of the paper showing through I took a flat 1" paintbrush and helped the colors along, misting with water where needed until I was satisfied. From there, and after it had dried, I scanned the painting in and began to design some cards. For the cards on white backgrounds I simply typed in the sayings and shapes I wanted, selected the type and cut it out of the colored background, added a bit here and there and that was it, a very simple thing. I will probably be adding these designs to Zazzle and CafePress when I get a few more going.


Until then...


to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

____________________________________________________________
meow ^..^ meow ^..^ meow ^..^ meow ^..^ meow ^..^ meow ^..^ meow ^..^ meow
____________________________________________________________
Respect Copyrights.
No printing, lifting images or downloading without explicit permission from the author of this blog, Nikki Cutro.
©Nikki Cutro and 13 Black Cats Designs. All rights are reserved.