Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Halloween, Samhain Already?



Well anyone that knows me knows that Samhain and Autumn is my favorite time of the year. I love the colors, the smells and the weather in the Northeast USA. There is simply nothing like it. Samhain is always on my mind, in fact my kitchen is forever decorated in pumpkins, black cats and skeletons even for the other Solstice holidays. Well it is not unusual to see a Samhain/Halloween design come out in the middle of the summer for me (even though summer consists of rain almost everyday here)



I did this design in two versions. The first is done with tiny little dots like my Dual Personality design. The second is in color as you see above and below. This design just kind of popped right out of my head with no thought, the pencil just took hold and took over. This doesn't happen often but I like when it does. I haven't used my watercolors in a while so it was nice to pick up a brush again. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it come to life.





Click to see all of By The Light Of The Moon items

Black and White Version - Color Version



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

____________________________________________________________
meow ^..^ meow ^..^ meow ^..^ meow ^..^ meow ^..^ meow ^..^ meow ^..^ meow
____________________________________________________________
Respect Copyrights.
No printing, lifting images or downloading without explicit permission from the author of this blog, Nikki Cutro.
©Nikki Cutro and 13 Black Cats Designs. All rights are reserved.